We don’t just want you to recover claims. We want to see your practice prosper with better billing, smoother systems and confident compliance.
From incorporating to hiring, leasing a space to joining a partnership, Drachman Katz has earned esteem in both the medical and legal professions for sound guidance that brings long-term results.
Starting or expanding a large medical practice, DME, pharmacy, ASC or office-based surgical practice?
With decades of education and experience, founding partner David Katz advises clients on the complex business of practicing medicine, including:
- Employment agreements
- Purchase of equipment
- Financial agreements
- Partnership agreement
- Corporate structure
- Commercial leases and sales
- Disciplinary hearings
- Refund requests and payor audits
- Insurance issues
- Billing policies and strategies
Some of David’s recent transactions include:
- Representing physicians in disciplinary proceedings with the Office of Professional Medical Conduct
- Representing physicians in civil RICO litigation with insurance companies
- Examinations Under Oath and other aspects of NY No-Fault for physicians
- Negotiating large audits and refund requests on behalf of health care providers
- Purchase and sale of health care practices
- Merger of health care practices
- Employment agreements for health care providers
- Structuring health care practices to maximize profitability and minimize risk
- Advising numerous physicians and medical groups on various legal issues that arise in the practice of medicine and business
- Negotiating and drafting commercial leases for properties in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Long Island
- Advising start-ups on various aspects of incorporation, corporate structure, finance, investor management and general corporate matters
- Assisting clients in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate
- Drafting form loan documents and security package to be used by a private lender
By client request, we refer a prominent billing company to deliver one seamless solution for medical billing, collections, healthcare law, arbitration and litigation.